Internally I have always known my methodology and quite frankly it was created to please teachers and not do the best work I can do. The only time my methodology took the route of good work was when I was doing a project that I would do for myself, friends or family. I would start off with two ideas and then those ideas would expand and so on and so on. On Wednesday I finally accepted the fact that I did do acceptable work instead of excellent work. I shouldn’t just do work to finish a class, instead I should manage my time in order to make good work in the time allotted to me, in and out of class. It is up to me to become a good artist and a good designer. I’ve been told that just because you have degrees that does not mean that you are assured a job. You can have five degrees and have a shoddy portfolio and still not get a job. Or just by being a unpleasant person to get along with can stop you from getting a job. That piece of information was surprising to me because I always thought, “as long as I do my work and don’t antagonize people I would be able to get a good job” I guess that I have to do more that just have a routine to follow for the rest of my life.
Moreover, the idea of time management still does not sit too well in the brains of some students, one of them being me. I have a hard time managing my time and every time I do try to manage my time I end up having something that I did not plan, to pop up. I am a perfectionist and abnormalities don’t exactly make me happy. In order to do good designs I have to have time to think of ideas and have time to expand on each one of them; Even if an abnormality comes up.
What makes our world keep changing? I think that the reason the world changes is because there were and still are many people that change their perspective in life. Whether it be just sitting in a different side of a class room or in another country. Whether it be looking up or looking down, the people who decided to change perspective thought of new ideas and those ideas changed the world. There are still changes being made even as we speak. Somewhere in a lab a scientist my be looking for the first time at the spotted ceiling in the laboratory and finally figure out how to cure autism! I recommend you try it. Do things differently than how you would usually do, you might just find it useful. I did.
One of the concepts were discussed in class was time. Time isn’t fixed and there fore it only consists of how you want to tell time. The measurement of time that we have now exists only because the whole world got together and decided that this will be the way we are going to tell time for trading purposes and other reasons. Time can be happening in a period. Time can expand and shorten. Time can even be a constant circle. Now knowing that time isn’t linear how do you think time should be seen?
What if time didn’t really exist? What if…..?
No comments:
Post a Comment