Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Put your game face on
Games are something that entertain us all. No matter how young or old you are, you can always play games. But what exactly does a good game have to have in order for it to be good? Personally I like games that are strategy based, but if there are game that will ridicule you while trying to get the other person to get the phrase "Eat and run." without talking, I'm up for that too. One of the games that I played today was chess. I noticed that its a war game in which you are bent on capturing your opponents king. What makes it a good game? I'm not sure all of the people will say that this is a good game since it involves thinking (something that people don't like to do these days). I personally don't think I am good at it but what makes if fun for me is that it requires a strategy to not only attack your opponent but also defend yourself from him. The "battlefield" is always changing and you have to come up with another strategy to fit the current situation. It has a taste of risk and chance involved in it that make it even more exciting. Ironic that I like a war theme game and I'm a pacifist. Another game that I had played was called Win, Lose, or Draw (emphasis on the draw). The group I was in decided that the rules were too complicated to figure out in the allotted time that we had. So we just ended up playing our from of pictionary. I say that because instead of words we had dated phrases and some were really hard to describe in picture form. I also like this game and even though it was a form that I've never played it. What made it fun was that we can get somewhat loose and ridiculous. Now I have to develop 9 games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well that must be the problem with Win, Lose or Draw and that could be the reason it's not that know now on these days.....Our variation of the game was better. I you like strategy try Blokus. Here is the game online http://www.blokus.fr/online-game/
ReplyDelete