Thursday, April 7, 2011
Fly to the clouds...Scott McCloud.
I am a fan of comic books. So when we saw a video of Scott McCloud I was excited to see a comic book artist in a design class. I was particularly interested in the part of the talk where he starts thinking about comics in the future. I had never really thought about using the computer as a whole canvas instead of the comics standard page use. That concept really blew my mind. But this idea could not have been ascertained without having to see through what he called the third type of vision. Which is seeing something that is not there but can be gotten and/or though science. Basically seeing through a little bit of faith and a little bit of science. Charles Babage is another person who saw through the third type of vision. He is the father of the computer. Something i did not know. Here I thought that Bill gates was the one that invented it. Although Charles did not literally invent the computer, because he came up with the idea in the 1800's, he basically set the foundation in which people later followed. people like Ada Lovelace, who went to further investigate this matter, and of course Bill Gates. The idea to take from this is that, one should look for a pattern and think of new ideas that can be ascertained with current knowledge. This just gives the one statement that keeps being thrown in my class lately, more justification. "Be curious and never be satisfied!" Durable mutation. What in the world is that? I didn't know until I looked at the video for a third time. Durable mutation, how I understood it, is when there is constant change but also that that change stays for quite a while. An example of this would be myspace. Myspace was dominant in the social network scene until facebook came out. A change happened. facebook was the dominant one now. By far it still is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment