Friday, April 8, 2011

The Dislocation of Inspiration

Wow, this book I'm reading[The Design Process] is punching everything I know inspiration in the gut and then beating it senseless. I used to be one of those people that waited for inspiration to come. What a waste of time that was! I have to look for inspiration not wait for it! Something that I found interesting in my reading was that people had a kind of thought that insinuated that all artist had some sort of problem. Alcoholism, depression, drug abuse and others were thought of as the one thing to have as an artists. That is a stupid thing to think. Those people have problems. Help them! Don't just watch them destroy themselves! We could have had more wonderful art from many artist if they didn't have those problems. I learned that I don't have too look in one place for inspiration, like in the design or in painting. I can look at architecture, landscapes, photos, movies and other places for inspiration. But there is a minor problem [for some its a major problem] with inspiration. it can move you in a fast pace and take you where you don't want to go. I've had that happen to me before but I didn't really care too much because I had deadlines to meet. Time management is something i am working on right now. Which brings me to another part of inspiration that I learned. Take time to explore all the ideas created by inspiration and make it fun. If it's not fun then it just becomes boring work. But don't just spend a lot of time just exploring. Deadlines are to be meet, but you should also have time to play and rest. do something that doesn't involve anything about the project you're working on. You just might find the answer while you are gardening[as if anyone does that anymore].

No comments:

Post a Comment