Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Present yourself

There was a lot of information to take in today in class. One of the things that I learned was that presentation is very important. You have to have a professional presentation for someone to take you seriously. This time we went in on a little bit more detailed. One thing I saw repeatedly was that there was a bunch of papers cut out with a pair of scissors instead of an x-acto knife and a ruler. I know that there are many things that happen around us constantly and we have to somehow manage all the tasks handed to us. Then there are personal matters to handle, there is work, family, and friends to think about. The one thing that I've failed personally is prioritizing the things that I do. What should take more of my time? Can I cut time from this project to spend more time on another? The times I do make a decision like that I usually end up cutting time on the wrong project. But it doesn't only involve school work, time is taken up by all sorts of things. We have to make time to do our homework and that might mean missing a relatives birthday party or your friends get together. To me a relatives birthday party or a friends get together is more important to me than school work. What does one gain with a degree and no family and friends?

4 comments:

  1. That's a great point, something I mentioned too. Unfortunately we don't have just one class to worry about its two three or four, then work, and family, we're constantly being pulled in tons of directions at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gilbert. :) I agree. I assume you have a heavy load of classes and work as well. Im in the same situation. It can be extremely stressful. Im 25 and am noticing gray hairs already. Working all weekend leaves no room for a social life, and hardly any time for school work. I don't know how I got 3 A's the last quarter. As long as you stick it out Gilbert, we can all get through this crazy quarter. Hurry summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. friends and family over my homework too, I rather spend some time with my love ones than getting an "A" on my homework...sorry professors, but life is more than just school!
    I know my work at many times will reflect the lack time I have been putting into it, but their lectures are going to come with me for a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, both family and school are important, I would reader to spend time on school and family more than just hand out with friends because family is the place that I feel safe and worm; school is a place that I can gain knowledge and success.

    ReplyDelete