Monday, May 9, 2011

Briefly Post a Brief Post about a Creative Brief

Today we talked about creative briefs. These useful papers help you understand what a project is about and how to go about it. I had a hard time writing a creative brief for the movie "Power of Ten". I spent two hours trying to think up of how to do it. The only explanation that I understood about the creative briefs was that they are the parameters of the designs. It seems straight forward but I just could not grasp that idea very well, even after asking the instructor! after today I understood it more. Its very simple, yet complicated. Its simple to understand and get information of of it, but its difficult to write one because you have to take into account so many things. Demographic, target audience, how, when, time, etc. One must also think about the organization of the brief and truly make it a brief creative brief. Within the small amount of space one must say a lot and make the audience think, feel, know, and do something. That's a big load of information!

2 comments:

  1. I love the title, and your right, they're thought to understand at first! Its a small paper but it has tons of info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a hard time writing my two creative briefs, for the Powers of Ten video and our game. But just being able to hear out real creative briefs gave be a better understanding of what should be included in one. Jimmy mentioned that adjectives are like gold to a designer. With the use of a lot of adjectives, a creative brief can sound a lot more appealing because it is brief yet very descriptive and can easily give you the big picture. I now understand why Jimmy keeps saying that designers need to be good writers. Knowing how to write well is going to be a skill a designer needs because they need to know how to execute a great creative brief for their client.

    ReplyDelete