Monday, May 23, 2011

This is a what. A what?

Again communication was emphasized in class but there was another thing that I took from the exercise in the class. Besides being a good communicator one also has to keep focused on the things that you are doing. If you keep having to wonder around and lose focus a lot of things can go wrong. If you leave information in the hands of someone who is not a decision maker, there is a possibility that things that you are trying to get through that are going to get lost and that is one thing that you don't want to happen. The game, as we referred to the exercise, which was a type of game like telephone where you tell someone "this is a what" and they will respond with a "this is a what?" and you would have to answer to who ever gave you the object the same question. Once an answer is given then you give the answer to the person who asked. The exercise was not as difficult with one object but when two objects were introduced that's when things started to go down. Everyone lost track of what was going on. The focus was on where the objects were and say what to who. Good fun though.

There was also a movie shown in class which took up most of the time. The guy, Kent, was entertaining. Unfortunately for me my caffeine could only take me so far, so I took a couple of things from the movie. One  of those things was that everyone can be the next Beatles or the next Elvis if they just keep being encouraged by the people around you instead of putting you down. The other thing was that there are a few things that you need in the workforce, and that is be able to communicate clearly. There were other points but I forgot.

3 comments:

  1. You did really well in it though, I would have destroyed any progress had they both been handed to me at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you did really well in it though because I had hard time when I was watching the movie. speaker is an English, I need to pay more attention to listen to him and understand his word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the game was a great exercise in terms of communication and concentration. And it was really fun too! I wish we could've spent the whole class period playing instead of having to watch that looooonggggg video hahaha

    ReplyDelete